- At GymbaROO, we enrol on a term basis. Our terms are 10 weeks long. You book into a class and attend that same class once per week for the 10 weeks of the term.
- To book, please click Enrol and fill in the details requesting your preferred class. We will send you further information regarding address, payment details, and what you need to bring.
- Full term bookings take priority. If you wish to book in for a part term only this may be possible in a class that is not fully booked. Our friendly assistants will help book you in.
- We do not take casual bookings. Our program is progressive and by attending casual classes your child will not have learnt the skills from previous weeks and may not be able to do the day’s activities. Children also do not learn the routine of our classes and feel quite lost while all the other children know exactly what is happening. This can have a negative impact on a child’s self esteem and confidence, and their participation level.
If you have 2 children attending the same term of GymbaROO at our centres, the younger child will receive a 10% discount on their fees.
Special Offer Trial Classes
- We offer a 3 week trial session to experience our classes before committing to a full term.
- Trial classes need to be done consecutively and cannot be rescheduled. This trial will give you a good opportunity to gauge your child’s progress in the class and you will see how each class builds on previous skills learnt. You then can book for the remainder of the term.
- To enrol for a 3 week trial class, please click on the Enrol Trial button, fill in the details for a new booking, and in the comments section request a 3 week trial. The fee for a 3 week trial is $75.
If a class is fully booked, we cannot offer you a trial, and term bookings take priority.
MAKE UP CLASSES
If you need to miss a class you can book in to do a make-up class.
All make-up classes need to be booked and you help us enormously by booking several days ahead. This helps us to keep a limit on class sizes! It is very difficult to offer make up classes when you ring on the day you wish to attend. You can also call/text to book make up lessons on 0412 108 554
- Make up classes must be within the same term as the missed class.
- Make-up classes are limited to 4 per child per term.
- NO REFUNDS FOR CLASSES MISSED
- CLASSES ARE NON TRANSFERABLE
To book a make-up class, please view our class timetable View Timetable, and then click “Make-Up Class” for your selected class and time. Fill in the form, and we will get back to you to confirm your booking.
If you know exactly what centre, class, and time you can go directly to the make-up class form to book it. Click on the Book MakeUp Class button to request a make up class.
Alternatively, you can book a make-up class while you are at the centre, as our Assistants can immediately confirm if it will be suitable.
OFF WITH SHOES AND SOCKS
Children need bare feet so they can experience the activities through all the senses. Children gain a lot of information through their feet. Bare feet will assist their grip on the equipment and is an insurance requirement. Parents also need to remove their shoes so we can keep the equipment and floor clean for the children.
MEMBERSHIP FORMS Download Form
When you first enroll you will receive a membership form. Or you can download it by clicking on the button above. Please fill in your membership form as it is essential for your child to be enrolled at GymbaROO and be covered by insurance. These forms are kept securely by us and we do not allow their use by anyone else for marketing purposes.
TIMETABLE CHANGES View Timetable
Sometimes we need to adjust our timetable at the beginning of a term to ensure the classes run well for each child. If this affects the class you are booked into, we will contact you to let you know about the change.
At GymbaROO, music is an integral part of all our sessions including exercise, dance, massage and rhythm.
Each term has its own special GymbaROO CD which includes most of the music for exercises and dances as well as our Hello and Good-bye songs! The term CD is available as a download when you enrol for the term.
A special series of movement CDs for 3 year olds and older have been created for GymbaROO called Look At Me I’m Moving Volumes 1, 2 & 3 with lots of laterality exercises. It is these CDs that are used extensively in our emus classes and also our possums classes.
Baby’s and Crawlers can benefit from Dance Baby Dance where many of the exercises and dances from class can be found. There is also Move Baby Move Volumes 1 & 2 which includes songs and exercises linked with the Treasure Bag each week.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ILL?
If your child is ill on their GymbaROO day it is best to stay home and book in for a make-up class. We reserve the right to refuse entry to class to any child who presents with a known infectious or contagious condition. Signs of infection include: fever, diarrhoea, vomiting, a cough with mucus secretions, a runny nose showing greenish nasal mucus (a clear runny nose is acceptable), a rash (other than nappy or heat rash), and green/yellow discharge from eyes or from a wound. 24 hours must pass between signs of illness and attending a GymbaROO class. Thank you for your consideration.
GymbaROO provides you with a special opportunity to be a part of the class with your enrolled child. Together you will have fun and learn and your child will treasure your undivided attention.
It is preferable not to bring siblings along. However, as this is not always practical, siblings are welcomed if they do not interfere with the normal class activities.
As they are not enrolled, they are not allowed to go on the equipment or participate in mat activities.
They should be closely supervised at all times. We ask that young children be seated in strollers and older children sit to the side to observe.
Some parents prefer to ENROL both children in a class so they are covered by insurance and can both participate in the class. If you believe this may suit you, please call us to discuss.
NO CHAT ZONE!
Shhhhhhh … please don’t chat through our classes!
GymbaROO classes are fun and challenging for all children. Your child needs your help in focusing on the task and remembering complicated sequences.
While catching up with friends in class makes GymbaROO fun for you, it is very distracting for the children as well as for the teacher. Our sessions are only 45-60 minutes and your help is needed to bring your child back on task. For these reasons we ask you not to chat in class perhaps have a coffee before or after class instead.
Remember, the more enthusiastic and involved you are as parents, the more fun everyone will have. Very young children can only concentrate for small amounts of time so they need you to concentrate for them and to repeat the instructions and challenges. Your children delight in seeing you singing and dancing and jumping along. When you participate fully then they are more likely to.
Enthusiasm can work miracles!
FOOD FREE ZONE
At GymbaROO Central there are a number of children enrolled who have severe allergic reactions to a wide range of different food products. To make GymbaROO a safe environment for everyone we ask you not to bring any food or drink (except water) into our centres. If your child has eaten peanut butter or other nut products prior to their GymbaROO class, please wash their hands before starting their session or preferably save these treats for after GymbaROO. Peanut and other allergies are life threatening and traces of these foods are easily transferred from your child’s fingers or clothes to our equipment.
We thank you for your understanding and consideration.
Remember – WATER is encouraged. Bring a bottle for you and your child to drink through your class.
NO PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS
Privacy and intellectual property laws mean we cannot allow any videoing, recording, photographs or note-taking during any of our classes. Photos may be permitted after class for special occasions such as birthdays. These can only be taken after consultation with your teacher or assistant.
If you wish to take a photo of your child, please consult with a staff member first, who can outline our guidelines. You cannot include any other children in photographs as this will infringe privacy laws.